Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hello Saudi Internet Services Unit

I see that the Saudi Internet Services Unit has been perusing this website. They do the work of determining what sites should be blocked from access in Saudi Arabia. So I may be banned already. I direct the rest of my post to those people at the ISU. **

ISU, everything I say is in good faith. If you block my site from the areas under your control, you are depriving people of information and debate which is all healthy. You quote Joseph in your Quran, saying that Allah was right to "divert" plots which would have drawn him into ignorance
(12:33-34). You say this justifies some censorship. I won't debate that, but I will say that I have none of these plots so THOSE VERSES DO NOT APPLY TO ME. I say nothing to draw anyone into anything bad, but speak only to create dialogue in order to learn. By what verse of your texts would you justify silencing a person who seeks the truth through dialogue? If you think I am mistaken on topics, then show me where I am wrong, or at least let others.

To ban me is to do me an injustice.

** UPDATE: Apparently all traffic is routed through the ISU, and so it was not at all necessarily the ISU itself that was viewing the site. I apologise for the assumption.

No comments: