Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Update on Detained MECA Members

I wrote last week that two members of the Toronto-based Middle Eastern Christian Association were arrested in Egypt. This came just two days after two other members of the group were released having been under arrest since August on charges of "anti-Islam" statements. Now it appears that rather than two members it is three men, and they are indeed being charged with defaming Islam as well.

You find a link off that page that goes to a sad story on the site about a thoroughly persecuted man who converted to Christianity in Egypt and is fighting the government to recognise him as no longer Muslim. Apostasy is forbidden in Islam. Mohammed said "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him." (Bukhari 9:84:57)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I took for granted, all the times
That I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can't get near you now
melbourne stripperdiscount sexy lingerie